home baby our home featured advertise services

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Entryway Updates


Not too long ago I had plans to add sconces and perhaps a pair of x-benches to my entryway. Well, it didn't happen. I was hoping to find a pair of matching benches or ones I could reupholster, but ran out of luck and patience. Then, my luck officially ran out and so did the inventory of the sconces I wanted! That's when we moved on to plan B! Plan B was there was no plan! Ha! 

So, in the meantime I moved the ugly coat rack into the laundry room and stuck a fiddle leaf in it's place to fill the empty spot and add a nice touch of greenery! It also really helped balance the space since I have a chair on the other side. Here's how it previously looked! 



Then, poof! I found an amazing set of sea fan art for next to nothing! Voila', I knew the perfect space for them! 


They filled the large gaps I needed them to while adding just a touch of personality and color. Plus, the black frames pop against the bland beige walls. I'm thinking now the sconces wouldn't have even shown up that well! Blessing in disguise I guess. 


I also moved my large clam shell to the entry and added some moss and succulents to it! I'm really enjoying this space now! There are only a few touches of color amongst the neutrals and it flows really well with the adjacent spaces. 

Sometimes, simple is better!! 

Linked up here:

1 comment:

  1. I love happy accidents like that too. I think your entry is looking great!

    ReplyDelete