home baby our home featured advertise services

Monday, March 25, 2013

DIY Glitter Pencil Cup




While reading The Everygirl I was inspired by this post to make my own glitter pencil cup. Being the pen hoarder I am, it's nice to have a fun way to display my pens and have them at reach when needed. 


You'll need:
A clear cup (mine is from Dollar Tree)
White Acrylic Paint
Paint Brush
Mod Podge
Glitter
2 Plates



I gave my cup 3 coats of paint to completely cover with no brush strokes.


After the paint was completely dry and dipped the glass upside down into the Mod Podge on my plate. Make sure and pull it straight up to prevent any running or smearing. 


Next dip the glass into your pile of glitter. I twirled the glass in circles to make sure it was fully coated. 


Lift  up and gently use your fingers to push any loose pieces of glitter into the Mod Podge on the glass.  

And that's all. Now you have a sparkly new desk accessory! 










1 comment: