home baby our home featured advertise services

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Patio Progress Finally

I'm here to finally tell you that our patio is taking shape (insert happy dance).  Seriously, it seems like forever since we first started talking about said patio. Oh wait, it has been almost 2 years of talking, planning, designing, getting quotes, etc, etc.

I can also tell you that the hubs is so over the project that I'm now in charge (insert 2nd happy dance)! His words were, "I just don't understand what your vision is and what colors you are thinking in your head, so you take care of it!" Really, I'm cool with that!

So as of now the stamped concrete is curing.


Next week the stone work begins! They gave us a completion time of 4 weeks start to finish, but I'm guessing more like 6 or 7 total! We shall see!

At least I know that this lovely patio furniture will be arriving in the next 2 weeks sans ugly umbrella!

Remember I originally had this plan for World Market furniture?!


Well, I had a sweet friend tell me that over time this table did not hold up for her family. We also decided that we wanted something that would last for many years to come and was very comfortable. Even though my vision was to have mixed seating, we chose comfort and durability first. 

The hubs wasn't thinking that the metal chairs would be real comfy and he needs comfort for his new man space!

I did however stick to the other elements of some wicker seating elsewhere and the fun pops of color from the pillows.

Once it's finally all complete I'll share pictures with you of course! Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment