home baby our home featured advertise services

Friday, April 13, 2012

Kitchen Tables

Do you have a preference of white or wood toned kitchen tables? Maybe you even prefer a table with more pizazz that boasts a pop of color?







The reason I pose this question is because I'm so tired of all the dark furniture in our home. I've slowly been weeding pieces out and the next item on my list is our kitchen table. If you remember, I brought up the topic before and even recovered the brown cushions here to lighten the space up. That strategy held me off for a few months until I was ready to pull the trigger. We are also going from bar height to a standard height table so the little one can excuse herself and not have to climb down from The North Pole.

So, with all of that said, the time has come for table de darko to go. Where, I'm not sure yet. But, I've purchased a new one and a few new chairs. 2 to be exact. They are put together and sitting in the kitchen area just waiting for a table which is still in the box collecting dust.

Hubby's opinion strongly somewhat matters and he isn't crazy about a white table. Ok, I gave it away. But, I have promised him the space will look pulled together and much better than it does now. Better that is once I have 2 more chairs. Those, I'm still wavering on. I have a couple arm chair options in mind. Hopefully I will narrow things down and share my options with you next week.

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Do you gravitate towards a traditional wood table or do you prefer a different style?


3 comments:

  1. Great question! We have a bar with 4 stools (with backs) and a dining room, no breakfast table right now. Our dining table is from Ikea, with 3 little ones I needed something super-wipeable that I wouldn't worry about. Right now I'm gravitating towards solid wood tables that hide dings and scratches with really fun colored chairs.

    Looking forward to seeing what you chose!

    Jessica
    stayathomeista.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this post!! I'm new here... was randomly blog hopping and HAD to say hi. Your blog is so lovely and I can't wait to read more! I hope you have a great weekend, sugar! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our old table was cherry wood. The shape was perfect (somewhat skinny rectangle with simple legs), but I got tired of the blah color. Right now I have a reclaimed wood dining table, with iron legs. I love it! Some day I'd like to have a Saarinen tulip table with a marble top and white base (like in your last photo above).

    ReplyDelete