home baby our home featured advertise services

Friday, May 20, 2011

Crazy for Stripes

Lately, I've been going crazy for all the stripes being used in different designs. Check out these pictures from Lordes South Beach Hotel. Oh, how I would like to be in South Beach right now!

Picture via TradHome Magazine

As you can see in the pictures above, stripes are being used in bold colors, and multiple spaces. I personally would choose only one space in my home for stripes because they are a powerful element. I can see myself getting tired of them quickly and feeling trapped. If used correctly they can pack a punch. A striped fabric pillow or bench cushion would be a subtle way to add this pattern into your home.


Picture via A Thoughtful Place
 I adore these horizontal striped curtains in the dining room of Courtney over at A Thoughtful Place. What's even better is that they are a DIY project of hers. Yes, she is very talented!

Picture via Dwelling by Devore
Here's another creative DIY striped project I saw over at Dwellings By Devore. She took a canvas pair of curtains from IKEA and turned them into a beautiful coral striped shower curtain. Now, I don't sew (yet), so if I attemp this project for my guest bathroom, then I will be purchasing a canvas shower curtain and going from there. She has really inspired me to revamp the bathroom and paint it a dark color like I've been considering for a while. She has black walls paired with coral accents, but I'm thinking a dark navy blue for my space.

Here are her step by step directions for the project:
1. I laid a large tarp in our driveway, this is the only place I could fit it because this thing is HUGE!
2. Then, I laid out the curtain and taped off my stripes with frog tape.

                                     
3. I painted two coats of regular paint from home depot and let it dry.  I removed the tape and voila!

Sounds easy, right?!?! I'm hoping I can get my stripes as straight as she did!

Here are some more gorgeous spaces with striped wallpaper, and curtains. The gray and white striped walls are my favorite! The radish rocker is the focal point against the other pale colors. It's a non-traditional nursery job well done.




All pictures via TradHome Magazine

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring my dining room. I am crazy about all of these images as well. LOVE stripes!

    ReplyDelete